by Douglas Maurer DO, MPH
March 08, 2017
A true diamond in the rough; the Proceducate medical app is an outstanding addition for primary care providers looking for affordable yet comprehensive options for reviewing/teaching common procedures. The video is most similar to Procedures Consult in format with excellent videos and fairly detailed text to provide learners a comprehensive review.
• Contains a step-by-step guide for many common primary care procedures
• Uses quality images, still animation, and videos for anatomy and guidance
• Available for both iOS and Android
• App is free!
• Videos online only; would be ideal to have an offline/download option
• Currently only covers a relatively small number of procedures performed in family medicine
• Does not contain pre/post-tests or curriculum per se on best uses for the app
• Some may not want to consent to a research study in order to use the app
For a full review and video demonstration, visit iMedicalApps.com.