A Health Care Consumer
/ Hospital Patient Advocacy Group
is a not-for-profit organization, dedicated to monitor, report
to, and inform the community regarding the quality of health and
preventive care provided at local hospitals and health care organizations.
Compile Data And Information
- Compile satisfaction ratings from health care consumers and
hospital patients based on their experience.
Educate And Inform The Public
- Availability of appropriate facilities and services
- Patients' rights
- Hospital practices and procedure
- Issues relating to infection control
- Ratings of local hospitals and health care organizations
- Report local hospital ratings
Grievances And Complaints
- Assist in documenting and filing complaints with local hospitals.
- Intercede with administration in behalf of patients and their
families to remedy grievances, deficiencies and issues regarding
their hospital stay or care.
Establish And Maintain Professional Relationships With
Local Hospitals, Physicians, Health Care Professionals, Social
Service Organizations, Health Related Governmental Agencies And
Engage Governmental Agencies And Elected Officials In
Advocating Public Policy On Behalf Of Hospital Patients.
Promote Training And Hiring Programs In The Community
For Job Development In The Healthcare Profession And Industry.
Assist Community Based Suppliers, Vendors, And Service
Providers In Receiving Equal Opportunity Selling Their Goods And
Services To Local Hospitals.